Scholastic is inviting The Hunger Games trilogy fans to submit their own videos to YouTube to be considered for their new book trailers. You can watch the Scholastic video below for more details:
Teachers: Integrate technology into your curriculum and assign this as a project for students. I've clipped the essentials in screenshots below and you can share this post with your students. The deadline is MAY 15th for all submissions. Students must be 13 years of age, have parental consent, and be a legal resident in one of the 50 states or D.C. Oh, and they can't use professional talent in it. ;)
Students: Follow these steps for a successful video.
1. Watch the Scholastic video above and read over the official terms at: bit.ly/catchingfirevideo
2. Pre-write what you want to include in your video. The prompts are (all images from the OfficialTHGBooks - Scholastic Books):
The Hunger Games: We all have our reasons. Mine is...
I love The Hunger Games because...
The best thing about Catching Fire is...
Everyone should read Catching Fire because...
3. Make sure to include your First Name and Home State in the video.
4. Video cannot exceed 15 minutes OR 2GB and must be in one of the following formats: .mov, .mpeg4, .avi, .wmv, .mpegps, .flv, 3GPP, or WebM.
5. Submit your video in the comments section at www.youtube.com/OfficialTHGBooks OR e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the official terms at bit.ly/catchingfirevideo
May the odds be ever in your favor!